Toby Jermain's Note:
I found this on a cream cheese package, I think ??? It's easy and very tasty. I love a good cheesecake, but I am rarely in the mood to go to all of the trouble to make a quote "real" unquote one. Prep time does not include chilling time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened (light cream cheese)
- 1 pre-baked 9 inch pie shell or 1 graham cracker crust (purchased or homemade. I prefer the graham cracker crust)
- slivers orange zest (to garnish) (optional)
- 1*Note:If worried about salmonella, use egg substitute equivalent to the 2 yolks, and use dried egg whites, prepared according to package directions, equivalent to 2 egg whites.
- 2Drain pineapple well, reserving juice.
- 3Combine pineapple juice and orange juice with orange peel and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- 4Sprinkle gelatin over juice to soften, stir, and allow to set 5 minutes for gelatin to soften.
- 5Heat over low heat until dissolved.
- 6Beat in egg yolks with a whisk until mixture is thick and lemon colored, about 2-3 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, add vanilla, and gradually beat in cream cheese until smooth and well blended.
- 8Stir in crushed pineapple.
- 9In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- 10Gently fold into pineapple mixture, and spoon into pastry shell.
- 11Refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- 12Garnish with orange zest, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Calorie Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 311.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 7.3 g