Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is not my favorite clam chowder recipe but it is low cal, rather thin but tasty. Make mine loaded with potatoes, pork & tomatoes.
- Set out a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup clam liquid, onions, carrots, water, salt, pepper& thyme.
- Meanwhile cut the clams in half.
- When the veggies are tender put in the clams and gradually add milk.
- stirring all the while.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Flavor was right on. I doubled the clams and added less carrots, personal preference. We like it clammy!
Looking for a low calorie Clam chowder is rather hard. This recipe hit just the right spot!I added celery and more clam juice. It even seemed better the next day! Thank you