Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is not my favorite clam chowder recipe but it is low cal, rather thin but tasty. Make mine loaded with potatoes, pork & tomatoes.
- Set out a 3 quart saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup clam liquid, onions, carrots, water, salt, pepper& thyme.
- Meanwhile cut the clams in half.
- When the veggies are tender put in the clams and gradually add milk.
- stirring all the while.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Flavor was right on. I doubled the clams and added less carrots, personal preference. We like it clammy!
Looking for a low calorie Clam chowder is rather hard. This recipe hit just the right spot!I added celery and more clam juice. It even seemed better the next day! Thank you