Recipe by LAURIE
I have been making this popcorn for years and even though the original recipe states low-cal, it probably isn't but all I know is that its my second all time favorite way to eat popcorn, (aside from dripping in butter). To really make it scrumptous try adding 1 cup of mixed nuts or any of your choice to the popped corn before adding the syrup!
- 3 quarts popped popcorn (1/2 cup unpopped)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or plain)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- Keep popped popcorn in a large roasting pan in the warm oven.
- Butter sides of a heavy medium-sized saucepan.
- Mix together the sugar, honey and corn syrup in the saucepan.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Immediately pour over popcorn, stirring to coat well.
- Cool and break into bite sized pieces, or eat while it is just barely warm.
- Store any leftover -- LOL in and air-tught container.
- Supposedly you will get 36, 1/3rd cup snack size servings that are 75 calories per serving, BUT try and eat only 1/3 cup!