Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Originally from a community cookbook.
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup mustard
- 3 wild ducks
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper
- ground red pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Worcestershire sauce
- Mix together the celery, bell pepper, and onion.
- Add enough mustard to this mixture to thoroughly coat the vegetebles.
- Stuff the cavity of each duck with the vegetable mustard mixture.
- Season each duck with garlic salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Place ducks breast side down in a roaster.
- Put a slice of bacon on the back of each duck.
- Pour in the entire bottle Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and bake at 300 degrees for approximately 3 hours.
woow awesome recipe. i honestly didnt think id like it, i turned out loving it thanks!!!
This recipe was a breeze and very economical. This was my first Duck Thanksgiving and with this recipe it was a success. I recommend it for 1st timers and those of us who are on budgets, with big taste! I would try draining the pan of fat & drippings maybe once or twice while cooking. Also I recommend the Duck Sauce Recipe-excellent. (I tried it with Rasberry Preserves). Happy Thanksgiving