1 hr 15 mins
I've been making this for supper since I first got married, over 18 years ago. It's still a favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the chicken pieces in the oil.
- 2Remove the pieces.
- 3Stir the flour into the drippings and cook until brown.
- 4Add the celery, pepper and onion and cook until tender.
- 5Add the soup powder, water, salt and paprika, bring to a boil.
- 6Cook for 5 minutes.
- 7Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- 8Pour the sauce over the chicken, bake uncovered for 45 minutes, basting often and skimming fat.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Louisiana Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 314.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken soup powder