Recipe by stormylee
This refreshing drink is made with black currant leaves, preferrably the young leaves of early summer. It's perfect for warm summer nights! Cooking time is fermenting time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse leaves; wash the lemon and slice it.
- Place leaves and lemon slices in a pot or a bucket that is big enough to hold all ingredients.
- Bring water to boil and pour it on top of the leaves and lemon slices, add sugar.
- Allow the mixture to cool to 38 C; dissolve a pea sized dollop of fresh yeast in a drop of water and add it to the mixture, stir.
- Let the mixture ferment for 24 hours.
- Strain and pour into bottles, and store the bottles in a cool place.
- Ready to drink in 7 days.