Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a fabulous main course salad. I like to serve it with "Lori's Mushroom Consomme" (#153983 Zaar) as a starter...
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 dash sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 head boston lettuce (torn)
- 1 pear (cored, sliced thin)
- 6 slices prosciutto (very thin)
- 6 small fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 1 egg (beaten)
- fresh seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped, toasted)
- Puree the orange juice, vinegar, dijon, salt, pepper, sugar and oil.
- Arrange the lettuce, pear and prosciutto decoratively on 2 large plates.
- Dip cheese in egg, then crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet until very hot.
- Sear cheese on both sides quickly.
- Place on salads.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Top with wanuts.
- Serve immediately.