Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Guy Fieri's Food Cookbook! Guy says that he used to eat this at a restaurant in Belmont Shores. They closed so he came up with this, which he says may even improve upon the original.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage head, trimmed and cut into 1/8 inch shreds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 iceberg lettuce, heads trimmed and cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup thick and chunky bleu cheese salad dressing (Marie's recommended)
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes(do not brown). Add the cabbage, pepper, salt and vinegar. Mix thoroughly and cook for 3-5 minutes, until cabbage is tender. Move to a bowl and chill until cool.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the lettuce with the blue cheese dressing. Drain the cabbage and lightly mix with the iceberg lettuce and dressing. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!