- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, liquid included
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, brown the roast in the oil.
- Combine the tomatoes, chilies, taco seasoning, bouillon, and sugar; pour over the roast.
- Cover and simmer 2-2 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast to a platter and keep warm.
- For gravy, pour 2 cups of pan juices into a saucepan.
- Combine the cold water and flour; stir until smooth.
- Add to juices; cook & stir over high heat until thickened and bubble; about 3 minutes.
- Slice roast and serve with gravy.