Recipe by Sharon123
I do love coleslaw and there are so many variations! This one is adapted from Katie Brown Entertains cookbook. She suggests serving this slaw with Chili Rubbed Flank Steak and Jalapeno Corn Bread. You can make this a day in advance.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious coleslaw a tad spicer than the usual, though next time I may tone down the Tabasco and cayenne a bit! Used a mixture of green and red cabbage and with the carrots and radishes this is a very pretty coleslaw! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having again soon!
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (you can use green and red cabbage)
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 bunches radishes, thinly sliced in rounds
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, and radishes. Set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, Tabasco sauce and cayenne pepper in a large bowl with a whisk until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the slaw and toss to combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.