Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are wonderful and very easy to make. They are the same style as those served at old style tex-mex restaurants. You will need to use a candy thermometer to get perfect results.
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Line counter top with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine sugars, syrup, butter and 5 tbs water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Add the pecans and continue cooking until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (238 degrees F). Remove from the heat and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until the candy begins to turn opaque.
- Quickly drop by spoonfuls onto foil and allow to harden. Store pralines in an air tight tin.