Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
If loganberries are not available, may substitute boysenberries or blackberries; fresh or frozen. Serve with chicken, duck, or game hens.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup loganberry wine or 1⁄4 cup pinot noir wine
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 lbs loganberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add the oil.
- Then add in the onion; saute for about 5 minutes, just until soft.
- Add in the garlic; saute for 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker; add in loganberry wine, vinegar, loganberries, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper flakes; stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, until thickened.
- A few minutes before serving stir in the lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Tightly covered, the sauce will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.