Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
When you feel like splurging.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups cooked lobster meat, in chunks
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°; butter a shallow 2 ½ to 3 quart casserole; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add in mushrooms; stir about 5 minutes, until softened and most of the liquid evaporates; remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Add in flour; whisk until smooth.
- Gradually add in the half-and-half, whisking until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Add in the sherry; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; add in the lobster; season with salt and pepper; stir until blended.
- Transfer mixture to prepared casserole; sprinkle with cheese; bake 20 minutes, until lightly browned.