Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
This is from the Diana Liu cookbook. The black beans in this are asian salted black beans. They are also called fermented black beans. You can purchase these in most asian markets. I have made this and subbed the crab with 1 lb. shrimp (deveined and shelled) with great results.
- 1 (3 lb) crab, well cleaned (leave shell on)
- 3 green onions, cut into 1 1/2 ' lengths
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice (or 6 slices of fresh ginger)
- 1 tablespoon msg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon preserved black bean, mashed
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Remove legs from body; cut body into 6 sections; crack legs.
- Mix 3 Tblsp. soy sauce, 1 Tblsp. cornstarch, 1 Tblsp. sherry, with ground pork.
- Heat 3 Tblsp. oil in frying pan until hot.
- Saute onions and crab for 3 minutes.
- Add meat mixture and fry 5 minutes more.
- Mix ginger juice, 2 Tblsp. cornstarch, 1 1/2 cups water, 1 Tblsp. soy sauce, msg, salt and black beans; add to crab pieces for 10 minutes until pork is done.
- Stir in beaten eggs; cook 3 minutes more.
- Serve hot as part of a chinese meal.