Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are probably the most expensive mashed potatoes you will ever make! I read a review of a restaraunt in NYC that serves this dish, and was intrigued. Found this on epicurious.com. A perfect side dish for a romantic dinner or special event, such as Valentine's Day. Note the recipe only serves 2, if you plan to make more, you may have to take out a second mortgage on the house!
- Cook the lobster tail in large saucepan of boiling, salted water until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer lobster to work surface and cool slightly (reserve water in pan).
- Remove lobster meat from shell.
- Cut meat into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Bring 1/3 cup milk to simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Add lobster meat and tarragon; cover and set aside.
- Return reserved water in pan to boil.
- Add potatoes and boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes; return to pan and mash.
- Add butter and lobster mixture to mashed potatoes and stir until butter melts.
- Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.