Recipe by Member #610488
Signature dish of the Restaurant A Barraca Muchaxo in the small community of Praia do Guincho, Cascais, Portugal as noted in a clipping from my grandmothers recipe box.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs lobster meat, diced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup cognac
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onions in the olive oil until caramelized.
- Mix the V-8 juice, tomato sauce, cayenne and paprika together and then add to onions.
- Simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
- Fry lobster meat in butter for 5 minutes.
- Place meat on a flameproof platter or casserole dish and flambe with the cognac until the flames go out.
- Add lobster meat to sauce and simmer gently 15 minutes. Serve over rice.