Recipe by Tammie83
This is what I got from combining my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together white flour, wheat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine butter, with both sugars by creaming them. The easiest way to do this is with an electric mixer. Beat them on medium until they are light and fluffy.
- Into the large bowl add the vanilla extract, milk and eggs and beat on medium until all ingredients are mixed. Add in flour mixture and beat on medium again until all ingredients are mixed. Fold in oats, walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough and shape into a ball. Place it onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on you oven. If you like soft cookies shoot for around 12 or 13 minutes. If you them chewy shoot for 14 or 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let cool.