I got this from her magazine and let me tell you that these are amazing!! They were made by a firefighting chef, Mike Wathen, where she visited in Alabama. Here are the adjustments I made: red potaotes, light sour cream, light cheddar cheese, and turkey bacon. I actually just fried up the bacon and then crumbled it. Hubby and kids were raving about how these were the best mashed potatoes they have ever had!
- In large stockpot, cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover until tender.
- Drain and return to stockpot.
- Add butter, garlic, and sourcream; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add a little milk, if needed.
- Stir in cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.