Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
All of my favorite things rolled into one delicious cookie.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sifted self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the shortening and both kinds of sugar together, beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Add in the oatmeal, rice krispies, coconut, and chocolate chips. Mix well. The batter should be stiff.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork, leaving 1 inch in between the cookies.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
These are yummy and have a great texture. Only change I would make is to add more chocolate chips and use mini chips to spread the chocolate flavor into every bite. A keeper!
So sorry, forgot to rate this. We made 1/2 & gobbled them up. Have added to my favorites. Made for you Football Game!
These cookies sure are loaded! I halved the recipe and used butter, as that is what I had on hand. I also subbed pecans for the coconut, as a personal preference. They took about 14 minutes to be a nice color, but that may be my oven. I'll be making these again, and next time, a full batch! Thanks for sharing, Brookelynne.