Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can also can make Fried apple rings slice 1/8 inch thick dip into batter then fry. Try it with pears as well. Use Delicious Jonathan or Granny Smith Apples.
- 2 apples, peeled, diced and patted thoroughly dry with paper towels
- 59.14 ml raisins, soaked in rum (optional)
- 236.59 ml flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 78.07-118.29 ml milk (enough to make a thick pancake mixture) or 78.07-118.29 ml apple cider (enough to make a thick pancake mixture)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Crisco or oil
- powdered sugar
- Heat oil to 350 degrees enough to deep fry the fritters.
- Mix dry ingredients of the batter. Toss the dried apples and raisins if using to batter.
- Mix wet ingredients together add to dry ingredients.
- Carefully drop spoonfuls into oil.
- Pressing to flatten.
- A flattened shape helps the interior cook through.
- Fry till golden brown 3-5 minutes.
- Roll into powdered sugar.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Made a few slight changes when making these, but nothing big ~ I used Fuji apples (love the taste of 'em), dark raising without the rum, & only dipped the finished fritters in the sugar so that about half of each was powdered! Like I said, nothing big! However, the taste of these WAS BIG, ABSOLUTELY GREAT! These will certainly be made again & again in my kitchen! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a recipenap in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 16]