Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are awesome cookies! They are like little pies and they melt in your mouth. The recipe was given to me years and years ago by a co-worker after she brought them into the office and everyone went wild over them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix with your hands: Softened butter, cream cheese and flour until smooth.
- Roll dough into 24 balls.
- Using mini muffin tins, place a ball into each cup and with finger, press each ball into a little crust.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix nuts, melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined and moist.
- Put about 1 tsp into each muffin cup.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Made these to give as part of my christmas cookie gifts. Really wonderful. I did use pecans instead of walnuts, since I was out of walnuts, but they are still terrific. I found that they took a little longer in my oven than in your instructions...maybe about 20 minutes longer. Anyway, they were really good. Everyone should try these!
These cookies (my family's recipe) have been a traditional Christmas cookie in w/ us & my extended family my forever. I just wanted to say my recipe & all the other ones I've seen BAKE @ 375 NOT 275. This must be a typo & most likely why people are having to bake them longer & having problems with the dough/crust. Hope this helps!
I can't believe I baked this, it sounds really tasty so I tried my best. Not too bad for a first timer, must be the recipe =) It's got a nice presentation too! But as others had mentioned I would try to make a harder crust next time.