Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious sounding little fritters will be making soon and posting a photo, can't remember where I got it from.
- 300 g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, very thinly sliced
- 200 g greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 35 g sesame seeds
- olive oil, for shallow-frying
- 2 cups loosely packed herbs, including mint leaves, flat-leaf parsley leaves, dill sprigs and chervil sprigs
- 200 g sugar snap peas, blanched
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 leaves cos lettuce, washed and dried
- Process chickpeas, cumin and egg in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl and stir in remaining ingredients,
- then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Form level tablespoonfuls of mixture into 4cm rounds,
- then shallow-fry fritters, in batches, in hot olive oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden;
- drain on absorbent paper.
- Makes about 24 fritters.
- For herb salad, combine herbs and peas in a bowl,
- drizzle with oil and vinegar,
- season to taste and toss gently to combine.
- Divide lettuce leaves among plates and top with warm fritters and herb salad.
- Serve immediately.
Very unique fritter -- a nice change of pace. I served these fritters on top of baby lettuces and topped them with olive oil and red wine vinegar. This was a very nice light, yet filling, lunch.
Thanks for the post! Made for PAC, 2011.