Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the best crab cakes i have ever had. The recipe was given to me by my mother in a cook book she made for me i belive it is her own (not 100% sure)
- 1 lb crabmeat (back fin is the best quility)
- 1⁄4 cup finly diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup finley diced red pepper (bell)
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs (seasoned stuffing mix will work 1/2 cup of mayo 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese 1 tbs dijon mustard)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- drain all water from crab meat mix crab, onion,bell pepper, and half of the bread crumbs in a bowl.
- mix cream cheese, taragon, salt peper, mustard, egg, and mayo in a seprate bowl.
- when mixed well combine crab meat with mayo mixture and refrigirate for 15-45 min.
- in a 9x13 pan add remainig bread crumbs.
- using a spoon (size depends on how big you want your patties) drop spoons full of the mixture into the crumbs.
- form in to paties be sure to cover both sides in the crumbs.
- heat oil in a skilett over medium heat place patties in the skillet cook untill golden try to turn only once.
- if your oil becomes brown or fills with crumbs you need to wipe your skillett and add new oil.