From BH&G Heritage Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large mixing bowl cream together 1 1/4 cups of the sugar and the butter till very light and fluffy.
- 2Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each; continue beating till very fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 3Sift together flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- 4Beat egg whites till soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, beating to stiff peaks.
- 5Fold into creamed mixture.
- 6Pour into 3 lightly greased and floured 9 x 1 1/2-inch round baking pans.
- 7Bake at 350 till done, about 20 minutes.
- 8Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- 9Cool on rack.
- 10Whip cream and vanilla just to soft peaks.
- 11Place a cake layer on serving plate.
- 12Spread with currant jelly and then with 1 cup of the whipped cream.
- 13Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons pecans.
- 14Spread second layer with 1/3 cup of the strawberry preserves, then with 1 cup of the whipped cream; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons pecans.
- 15Gently place atop first layer.
- 16Carefully top with third layer.
- 17Frost top and sides with remaining whipped cream; coat sides with remaining pecans.
- 18Using tip of a small spoon, dot top with remaining strawberry preserves.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lithuanian Strawberry Torte
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1061.7
- Calories from Fat 623
- Total Fat 69.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.1 g
- Cholesterol 307.7 mg
- Sodium 319.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 65.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g