Recipe by catercow
Light on calories and fat, but definitely not on taste! This is just like traditional lasagna but with a few changes to ease the diet-conscious mind.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 10 -15 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Italian spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brown the turkey meat, drain and rinse and season with desired seasonings (I find Italian seasonings and garlic work best).
- Simmer the spaghetti sauce on low heat, covered. Stir in chopped onions, scallions, and bell pepper as well as seasonings (basil, salt, pepper).
- Stir in the cooked and rinsed turkey meat and allow to simmer until bubbling.
- Prepare a lasagna pan (14 by 9, I believe) by placing one layer of 5 lasagna noodles, a layer of sauce, a layer of cottage cheese and then a layer of cheddar cheese.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Bake in the oven for one hour, removing during the last ten minutes to sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top.
- Serve with garlic bread and salad and enjoy!