Recipe by ChefChic
Haven't tried it yet, but it's a little less sinless than the real thing! Adapted from FatFree Vegan Kitchen.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal (FIBER ONE IS BEST)
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package silken tofu, drained
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy eggnog
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a 9-inch springform pan to prepare a pie crust as described in recipe #58321. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Blend together tofu and cream cheese in food processor until smooth. Add sugar and eggnog, and blend again in processor until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and process for about 3 more minutes, until mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for approximately 55 minutes, but do not allow pie to brown at all.
- Filling will set as it chills, so it should be a little jiggly when removed from oven.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until set.