Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These LUSCIOUS stuffed mushroom caps are one of the BEST I have ever had. I squeeze lemon on mine before eating, and they are second to none!
- 1 (6 ounce) box Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups imitation crabmeat or 2 cups lobsters or 2 cups shrimp or 2 cups canned crabmeat, chopped fine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 3 -4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions, I use dehydrated
- 2 teaspoons seasoning, Morton Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) bag mozzarella cheese
- 2 -3 lbs fresh mushrooms, washed, with stems removed (you may cut up the stems, and add to stuffing mixture, if you like)
- Mix boxed stuffing mix with poultry seasoning.
- Add crab and 3 eggs, and mix well.
- Melt butter in the microwave or on the stove and add garlic, onions, and Natures Seasons, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add to crab stuffing mixture, and mix well again.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps. You may cut them up fine, and add them to the stuffing mixture if you want to.
- Wash mushroom caps and dry.
- Place caps rounded end down, in a lg baking pan.
- Stuff each mushroom with stuffing mixture, putting a generous amount in each one.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350, for 45-60 minutes.
- Uncover pan, and sprinkle a bag of Mozzarella cheese on top of all the mushrooms the last 5 minutes of baking time. Cook 5 minutes uncovered.
These were a wonderful treat. I had way too much stuffing for two pounds of mushrooms so I baked the extra in a casserole dish along with the mushrooms. The directions: "salt and pepper, to taste" gave me some concern. It would be nice to have an average measurement here to use as a starting point. I only needed to use 3/4 of the bag of mozzarella cheese. The only substitution I made was to use Morton's 7 Pepper Blend for Seafood instead of the Nature's Seasoning Blend. It really did not need any added salt at all. I added about 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Thanks for sharing Linda.