Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
This comes from Cooking Light. I have not made this yet. I am posting it for the Zaar World Tour 2006. Prep time includes chillling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds, blanched
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, tub-style
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups seedless blackberry jam
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, sifted
- Combine the flour, almonds, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Combine granulated sugar and cream cheese in a food processor; pulse 4 times. Add vanilla and egg; pulse 3 times. Add flour mixture, and pulse 10 times or until combined.
- Gently press two-thirds of the dough into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Gently press remaining one-third of the dough into a 4-inch circle on plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap. Roll into a 9-inch circle. Chill 30 minutes.
- Roll the larger portion of dough, still covered, into an 11-inch circle. Chill for 10 minutes or until the plastic wrap can be easily removed.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap of the larger portion of dough and fit dough into a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Remove top sheet of plastic; fold edges under. Spoon jam into prepared crust.
- Working with the smaller portion of dough, remove 1 sheet of plastic wrap. Cut dough into 1/2-inch strips. Gently remove dough strips from bottom sheet of plastic; arrange in a lattice design over preserves. Seal dough strips to edge of crust.
- Place tart on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until the crust is browned and filling is bubbly.
- Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Fabulous!!!! I just loved this! The dough was tasty, rich and easy to work with! I didn`t have to chill it just made and baked! I did use Recipe #252973 for the jam! Thanks KIM!