Recipe by Id-do-the-cookin
My friend Linzie makes these all the time and they are sooo yummy. She doesn't give the recipe out very often, but said it was ok. These cookies have the best flavor and she is constantly changing ingredients. Sometimes she does it with chocolate chips or nuts. Really changeable!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy! These cookies are very silimar to the ones my mother always made growing up. Thin and chewy with lots of butter and brown sugar flavor. Perfect with a glass of milk. Made as directed and wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (I also use pumpkin pie spice and cloves sometimes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (or combo of raisin or craisin)
- 3 cups oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the sugars and butter together. .Add vanilla and eggs-beat well.
- In separate bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and mix well. Stir in oats and raisins-mix well. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy -- .