Recipe by brokenburner
This is from The Kosher Palette cookbook. This relatively simple recipe turns out a very pretty cookie.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
GORGEOUS cookies! Very simple, very buttery and very PRETTY indeed! I didn't have any raspberry preserves so used strawberry jam instead. As I was assembling, DH and DD were happily munching away on them so I know these are not going to last very long in our home! Definitely will be making these again! Thank you, brokenburner, for sharing this wonderful recipe! Edited to add: I forgot to mention that I had used butter instead of margarine. I have made these twice already and both times they disappeared quicker than ever! :)
- 236.59 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- seedless raspberry preserves
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended. Add flour, beating at low speed until blended.
- Roll dough into small balls and place on greased cookie sheets, two inches apart. Flatten dough balls with a flat-bottomed cup wrapped in a damp paper towel.
- Dip a thimble or small round cutter in flour and cut out a small circle in the center of exactly half of the cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. (The cookies will be pale. The cut out halves will bake faster so watch closely.) Transfer carefully to wire racks to cool.
- Spread raspberry preserves on top of solid cookies. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, to make sandwiches. Sift powdered sugar over tops of cookies.