Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
This started as a low fat version of the tradition dish. The broth was so delicious I kept increasing the amount. I have never gone back to the original version. Various family have been known to pick up their bowl and slurp up any remaining broth when they thought I wasn't looking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 red pepper flakes or 10 hot sauce, to taste
- 3 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan, add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook over very low heat 5 minutes.
- Add broth, clams and white wine, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add parsely and simmer 1 minute.
- Ladle broth over linguini in soup bowls and serve.