Recipe by dicentra
This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. I want to adapt this into a backpacking recipe.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is delicious. I made ours gluten free using rice penne shaped pasta instead. I used water packed tuna so I just added 1 1/2 tbs more unrefined extra virgin olive oil. As is noted on the foodandwine website. I also used freshly squeezed lemon juice, adding along with the zest but it does not mention to add it in the directions. I used sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chopped flat leaf parsley for the herbs. Served with Balkan (thick) yogurt. Good enough that I would make it again!
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mixed fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, chives and thyme)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small frying pan, toast the walnuts over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguini until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the tuna and its oil and break up the tuna with a fork.
- Remove from heat. Toss the linguini with the tuna mixture, lemon zest, salt, pepper, herbs and walnuts.