This tastes like linguine I've eaten in Italian restaurants. It is quick and easy, and has become a favorite in our house.
- Prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and leeks, and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add wine, pepper, and oregano.
- Cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Watch it carefully, stir it and make sure it does not burn.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in clams with juice.
- Heat through and add pasta.
- Cover tightly and cook over LOW heat (DO NOT BOIL) 2-3 minutes so pasta begins to absorb some of the broth.
- Serve immediately.