Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Linguine with Tomatoes and Basil
- 4 large tomatoes, ripe,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed,torn into irregular pieces
- 1 cup basil, cleaned,fresh leaves,cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- Combine tomatoes, brie, basil, garlic, olive oil, half a teaspoon of the salt and the pepper in a bowl.
- Set aside at least 2 hours before, at room temperature.
- Boil water, add 1 tablespoon of oil and remaining salt.
- Add pasta and boil until tender.
- Drain and toss with tomato mix, serve at once passing pepper mill and parmesan cheese.
This is the most amazing pasta...if you like brie, it is a must try! It is originally from The Silver Palate cookbook by Julee Rosso & Sheila Lukins, which just published its 25th anniversary edition. Have been making this since the original cookbook was published...the flavors meld so nicely and the aroma in your kitchen is to die for!!!