- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, chopped, juice reserved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans baby clams, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked, warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in oil in a medium saucepan until tender. Stir in tomatoes and their liquid and the oregano; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until mixture is a medium sauce consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in undrained clams, wine, lemon juice, cayenne and black pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, until clams are cooked, 5-7 minutes.
- Toss with linguine and serve.