Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
Here is a very flavorful diabetic recipe that I really do just love. I have been posting all of the recipes that my Aunt has tried over the years that she has liked, and this has been one that we have made several times. Diabetic Exchange: 3 carbohydrate (3 bread/starch), 3 vegetable, 1 fat
- 1⁄2 lb dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb broccoli floret, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 portabella mushrooms, 3/4 pound, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (you may substitute water or low-sodium canned beef broth) or 3 tablespoons red wine (you may substitute water or low-sodium canned beef broth)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup packaged fresh basil leaf, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pasta water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente, according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add the garlic, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Cook over high heat, stirring for 2 minutes, until mushrooms begin to wilt.
- Reduce heat to low and add the wine, tomatoes, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook, simmering slowly for 2 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add the basil and stir.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Add to the sauce, increase heat and boil for 1 minute to reduce slightly.
- Divide the pasta between 4 plates.
- Top with sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Serve immediately.