Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pantry staples make this dish easy to prepare in a hurry from Cooking Light.
- 1 slice day old hearty white bread, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 2/3 cup. Place breadcrumbs on a baking sheet. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes or until dry.
- Heat 1 1/2 T oil in a larges nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Return pan to heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cook pasta according to package direction, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 t oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and black pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
This was a simple pasta dish with some great flavors going on. Quick to make as well.We really liked the texture and the taste of the breadcrumbs. Definately a keeper.