Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple pasta for a weeknight meal solution.
- 500 g asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 400 g linguine
- Cook asparagus until al dente. I do this in the microwave - place asparagus in plastic bag, 1 tbs water seal and cook for 1 minute. Straight away drop into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Geat frying pan, add olive oil and saute garlic, lemon rind, chilli flakes and parsley until fragrant.
- Add asparagus and water. Cook 5 minutes. Season.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain and toss through sauce with lemon juice and some reserved pasta water for added moisture.
This recipe really didn't do it for me. I would have given it 2 stars, but my kids ate it without complaining too much...which for them is a rave review.