1 hr 10 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This roast has great flavor, and the gravy is delicious served over the meat and goes great over mashed or garlic mashed potatoes as well! I make this when I'm having company, and I get compliments on the GREAT FLAVOR!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a 9x13" pan, put 3 T. garlic along with some of the juice from the jar, on the bottom of the pan.
- 3Place your roast into the pan. Cover with other 3 T. of garlic all over the top and sides.
- 4Cut up the onion into thin slices, and put all over roast. I use tooth picks to hold them onto the sides of the roast. Completely.
- 5cover roast with onion slices.
- 6Add salt and pepper.
- 7Put into oven, and bake for 60-90 mins., depending on how you like it done.
- 8Check the middle of the roast in 1 hours for rare. Keep in mind the roast will continue to cook for awhile, once you remove it from the oven to rest.
- 9Remove the roast onto a serving platter, and cover with aluminum foil, for about 15 minutes.
- 10In the meantime:.
- 11If you want to make gravy, the garlic and onion pieces can be left in the pan.
- 12Deglaze the pan on top of the stove, then remove to a pot, and add water. I usually add about 2-3 cup depending on the size of the roast.
- 13I combine 1 cup water and 1/2 cup cornstarch into a bowl, and mix well, then pour into pan juices just before it starts to boil. (I always add some of the pan juices into the starch mixture before I pour it into the pan).
- 14I have also added mushrooms into the pan juices before I add the cornstarch and water, for mushroom gravy.
- 15I add all the juice that runs out of the roast while it is sitting, back into the gravy, and stir.
- 16Mix, stirring until it boils for a few mins., and thickens. If it is too thick, add water a little at a time, until desired thickness. If too thin, add more water and cornstarch mix, and bring to a boil.
- 17Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 18You can leave the onions and garlic in the gravy, or strain before putting into a gravy boat.
- 19When the gravy is done, depending on the color, I sometimes add Gravy Master, and mix in for a deeper color.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Tip Roast
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 941.9
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 294.8 mg
- Sodium 261.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 88.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef tip roast