Marie's Tender Sirloin Tip Roast
This is a detailed recipe on how to cook a sirloin tip roast. The most important thing to remember is to not overcook it or it will be tough. Very tasty served with garlic mashed potatoes and gravy.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 1⁄4 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Remove roast from refrigerator one hour before serving to bring meat to room temperature for more even cooking.
- Mix together rest of ingredients and rub over roast.
- Let set for one half hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°, place roast in pan and place on upper oven rack.
- Cook for 25 minutes per lb for medium or approximately 50 to 60 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness - should read 140° for medium.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil to keep warm and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation