Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love comfort foods, and this is one of my favorites... I love throwing things together and seeing how they come out... This one is GREAT! Broccoli With Cheese Sauce and a nice Garden Salad make this the perfect meal!
- 2 large chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove-top chicken flavor stuffing mix, prepared, and cooled to room temperature
- 1 medium onion, cut in half, and thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained or 6 ounces fresh mushrooms
- cracked pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to box directions, then set aside to cool. (I put mine on a paper plate, and stick it in the freezer for a few minutes to cool faster). When cool, take out of freezer.
- Place one chicken breasts in a casserole dish, skin side down. Put the stuffing mixture over the chicken breast.
- In a bowl, mix the mushrooms and sliced onions with the soup.
- Add about 1/4 can of water, and mix inches Pour half the mixture over the stuffing mixture.
- Place the second breast on top of the stuffing, skin side up.
- Pour the rest of the Mushroom soup mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle fresh cracked pepper over top.
- Once chicken has been cooking for about 45 minutes, then take the dish out, and spoon the mushroom gravy over the chicken.
- Return to the oven, and finish baking for another 40-45 minutes.
- Note: If you use boneless chicken, reduce cooking time to 45-60 minutes.