1/1 Photo of Linda's Spinach Salad With the Works
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This delicious extra special and quick to prepare salad is a true treasure to serve anytime... Great to serve when entertaining and you want to impress your guests!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained, and each cut in half
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced or 2 cups blueberries, washed
- 6 tablespoons feta or 6 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecans or 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup bottled poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Take the rest of the asparagus, and cut them into 1" pieces.
- 2Blanch them in boiling, salted water for a couple of minutes, until just crisp-tender.
- 3Drain the asparagus, and plunge in cold water until completely cooled. Drain again.
- 4Meanwhile, for the dressing, blend together Poppy Seed dressing, orange peel, and orange juice.
- 5In a salad bowl combine the spinach, asparagus, artichokes, and strawberries.
- 6Lightly toss with the dressing.
- 7Place on serving plates, and garnish with toasted nuts, and cheese.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Spinach Salad With the Works
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 368.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
poppy seed salad dressing