Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This delicious extra special and quick to prepare salad is a true treasure to serve anytime... Great to serve when entertaining and you want to impress your guests!
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained, and each cut in half
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and sliced or 2 cups blueberries, washed
- 6 tablespoons feta or 6 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup bottled poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard. Take the rest of the asparagus, and cut them into 1" pieces.
- Blanch them in boiling, salted water for a couple of minutes, until just crisp-tender.
- Drain the asparagus, and plunge in cold water until completely cooled. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, for the dressing, blend together Poppy Seed dressing, orange peel, and orange juice.
- In a salad bowl combine the spinach, asparagus, artichokes, and strawberries.
- Lightly toss with the dressing.
- Place on serving plates, and garnish with toasted nuts, and cheese.
Love all the ingredients in this and was impatient to make it. SO yummy: surpassed even my very high expectations. What a fabulous blend of flavours! :) On this occasion, I made it with feta and a mix of fresh stawberries and raspberries and slivered almonds, and I look forward to making it again with some of the other suggested options. We enjoyed this tonight with Recipe #307783, and I anticipate enjoyed it again for tomorrow's take-to-work lunch with some pasta salad. Thank you for sharing another super recipe, Linda. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
I loved everything that was in this salad and it was such a nice change from the same ole same ole! The dressing is excellent and really compliments all the flavors in the salad! I plan to make this again for company coming over the weekend.
My outlook on salad will never be the same after trying this combination! It was super dooper good, and right up there on top with my favorite!!! It was crunchy, flavorful, fruity and sweet. I used strawberries and blueberries and with the veggies and cheese every mouthful was a flavor sensation to my tastebuds! We will have this often!