Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love experimenting in the kitchen, and this is one that I came up with one night when I felt like having a creamy chicken dish... It was WONDERFUL, so I thought I would share it with you!
Top Review by ELS
This recipe didn't do much for me. The chicken was blah and the sauce just tasted like cream of mushroom soup. I followed the recipe proportions exactly, and the sauce was watery for me as well even though I mixed all the soups and liquids together before dumping in the pan. I had to take the sauce out and boil it with some cornstarch to thicken it up. I won't be making this again, sorry.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, cut in half, then sliced thin
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, I used low sodium
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) soup can water
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded, I use Mexican blend
- salt & fresh ground pepper, I use Sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the chicken breast in a 9x13" baking pan.
- Slice the onions, and put over chicken breasts.
- In the side of the pan mix the soup and water together. It will be lumpy.
- Cut up the fresh broccoli, and put in soup mixture. Mix together.
- Add the mushrooms, and mix.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to your liking.
- Pour the wine into the mixture, and mix well.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Every 15 minutes spoon the mixture over the chicken while baking. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, and add the shredded cheese on top.
- Put back in the oven, and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Note: I pour the extra sauce over my baked potatoes when I make this dish. Delish!