Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love experimenting in the kitchen, and this is one that I came up with one night when I felt like having a creamy chicken dish... It was WONDERFUL, so I thought I would share it with you!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, cut in half, then sliced thin
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, I used low sodium
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) soup can water
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut up
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- 8 ounces cheese, shredded, I use Mexican blend
- salt & fresh ground pepper, I use Sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweet marsala wine
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put the chicken breast in a 9x13" baking pan.
- Slice the onions, and put over chicken breasts.
- In the side of the pan mix the soup and water together. It will be lumpy.
- Cut up the fresh broccoli, and put in soup mixture. Mix together.
- Add the mushrooms, and mix.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to your liking.
- Pour the wine into the mixture, and mix well.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Every 15 minutes spoon the mixture over the chicken while baking. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, and add the shredded cheese on top.
- Put back in the oven, and bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Note: I pour the extra sauce over my baked potatoes when I make this dish. Delish!
This recipe didn't do much for me. The chicken was blah and the sauce just tasted like cream of mushroom soup. I followed the recipe proportions exactly, and the sauce was watery for me as well even though I mixed all the soups and liquids together before dumping in the pan. I had to take the sauce out and boil it with some cornstarch to thicken it up. I won't be making this again, sorry.
This chicken was absolutely wonderful! It was a crowd pleaser at my house when I made it for company! The sauce was perfect and we had it over our noodles. Cheesy and delicious. What great flavor!
First of all I have to say my dish didn't come out watery at all, as the previous poster posted. If you mix the soup in with the water and other stuff, it comes out perfect. We all loved this dish at my house. My grandkids inhaled it! I doubled the recipe as we had a crowd, and it worked out fine. I used low sodium cream of mushroom soup but otherwise made it as written. This recipe is worth a repeat and we will be having it again soon, says the grandkids!