Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Excellent with grilled seafood and shellfish, especially grilled lobster! Can be used immediately or stored for later use. You can use store bought Limoncello or use my recipe to make homemade Limoncello (Limoncello (Lemoncello, Limoncella)). Very pretty in a bottle and makes and excellent gift!
Top Review by Fran6
Delicious! I used oregano instead of marjoram. I marinated peeled shrimp in it, then grilled the shrimp. I added some extra oil to the shrimp and let them chill overnight. Took them to my monthly potluck group and everybody loved them.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 bunch fresh marjoram
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
Directions See How It's Made
- Tie fresh marjoram tightly at the stem end with a string, set aside.
- Bring oil, lemon juice and zest to a near-boil in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and pour into bowl.
- Immediately add marjoram and Limoncello, cover and steep, like tea, 1 hour.
- If making a gift bottles, place marjoram sprigs into jar, funnel Limoncello and warm strained oil mixture into jar and seal.