Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Lime oil has a bit of natural sweetness in it; that’s why a teaspoon of fresh lime zest is used in this sorbet recipe. Try this for a light dessert or palate cleanser between courses.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, sugar, and lime juice to a simmer.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat slightly, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and cool the mixture to room temperature.
- Stir in the lime zest.
- Chill the mixture for 2 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.