2 hrs 5 mins
Lime oil has a bit of natural sweetness in it; that’s why a teaspoon of fresh lime zest is used in this sorbet recipe. Try this for a light dessert or palate cleanser between courses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, sugar, and lime juice to a simmer.
- 2Cover the pan, lower the heat slightly, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
- 3Remove from the heat and cool the mixture to room temperature.
- 4Stir in the lime zest.
- 5Chill the mixture for 2 hours.
- 6Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: