Recipe by Sharon123
In the Cayman islands, they dry their limes and lemons and use them to season the abundant seafood that is caught and eaten. Also good with rice, beans, and vegetables. Recipe from Caribbean Choice.
- 2 teaspoons dried lime zest
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the dried lemon and lime zest, cut the zest from a lime and a lemon, dry it by placing it on a cookie sheet in a low (150°) oven for 24 hours. Then break it into small pieces and pulverize it in a spice grinder.
- Place the lime and lemon zest, pepper and salt in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle and grind until you have a well-mixed powder.
- Use to season everything from steaks to fish to salads.