Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A Summer favorite!
- 1⁄4 lb marshmallows (about 16)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package lime gelatin
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cans undrained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- Melt marshmallows and milk in the top of a double boiler.
- Pour the hot mixture over the lime gelatin.
- Stir until dissolved, then stir in cream cheese.
- Stir until cheese dissolves, then add pineapples.
- Cool; blend in whipping cream and mayonnaise.
- Chill until firm.
A wonderful, light and refreshing side dish. This is a great make-ahead dish that went perfectly with the gilled pork chops that I served. Thank for sharing, Kree. :-)
Use the large box of Jello. I've had this ever since I was a kid and it is wonderful.
I tried this with a small box of lime jello since the recipe doesn't state the size. It really didn't turn out very good, maybe I used the wrong size box of jello???