Recipe by Bonnie Traynor
A very easy and delicious drink! I make this using a decaf green tea that has lemon grass. I highly recommend using it if you can. The brand I use is Good Earth. Wonderful flavor! I don't add sugar because my 2yo will drink this just the way it is, but when I do drink it by the glass I like to add 1 Splenda packet to a big glass. Give it a try! This is good when I can't get my daughter to drink anything else. I got the idea of this from Lime Tea. I didn't have the exact ingredients this time so I used what I had and normally would drink to make this. I do suggest that if you like sweet to add sweetener. Honey might even taste good too! Let me know what you think.
- 6 regular size green tea bags (I use decaf with lemon grass)
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate (undiluted)
- 4 quarts water
- Splenda sugar substitute (optional) or sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring hot water to a boil in your kettle.
- Place tea bags into a 1 gallon pitcher and add hot water.
- Steep about 10 minutes and discard the tea bags.
- Add the Limeade concentrate to the hot water to melt.
- When the Limeade is melted add remaining water to fill the pitcher.
- Let cool and serve. Enjoy!