Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Cool and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookie (about 18 to 20 cookies)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, plus
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil (covering bottom and about 2 inches up side) to waterproof.
- Combine melted butter and crushed cookies in a medium bowl.
- Put into bottom of springform pan.
- Refrigerate whil preparing filling.
- In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Beating on low speed, add eggs one at a time, sraping down bowl occasionally.
- On low speed bat in lime zest, lime juice, and heavy cream for 30 seconds, scraping down bowl.
- Gently pour batter into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large roasting pan.
- Add enough hot water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Place in oven. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Remove from oven. Remove springform pan from water bath.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Loosen side of pan and slice.