Recipe by TheRedneckHippie
This goes absolutely PERFECTLY with Mexican Chocolate Cake (mexican chocolate cake). The cream cheese compliments the chocolate very well, while the tang of the lime ever so slightly cools off the cayenne. Apparently everyone at work thinks so, too - February's birthday cakes (a tripling of the cake recipe smothered in this frosting) were gone in a few hours.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar (or more if desired)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, butter, lime juice and zest together with a blender on medium speed until well blended and smooth.
- Start adding sugar one cup at a time, blending well between each addition.
- Keep adding sugar, a cup at a time, until you get the consistency you want.